BlackJack Bearing Bar
|Bar Type||Men's Bars|
|Bar Use||Weightlifting, Olympic Weightlifting|
|Center Knurl||No Center Knurl|
|Shaft Coating||Black Zinc|
|Sleeve Coating||Bright Zinc|
|Tensile Strength||185,000 PSI|
|Guarantee/Warranty||Lifetime Use Warranty|
|Made In USA||Yes|
|3 Ships Free||No|
Top of the line 28MM Bar with a wicked look
We set out to create the best bearing bar available and we ended up with the BlackJack Bar. This bar's sister is the Burgener Bearing bar in Bright Zinc. Some folks like the Black Zinc for the chalky feel and the way it wears over time. This bar will not disappoint.
When people think of high end weightlifting bars, they usually think of bars made overseas in countries where weightlifting has been big for years. Until the past few years they would be right to overlook America when it came to weightlifting bars. However, with the explosion of CrossFit and the renewed interest in Olympic weightlifting, American companies have put out some top notch products.
The bars are made to IWF specifications with a few improvements that really make a difference for their every day use.
1. IWF certified weightlifting bars have a center knurl. This really only makes sense if you are planning to use the bar for back squat. Whether or not you need a center knurl for back squat remains controversial, but there is no mistaking that a center knurl will chew up your neck during cleans, especially high rep cleans in a CrossFit workout. We felt that a bar this specialized should be as well suited as possible for its intended use and should not make compromises to give questionable benefit for a secondary use.
2. Most high end Olympic weightlifting bars are chrome plated. While this protects them from rust, it makes them slick. Manufacturers somewhat compensate for this by changing the knurling texture, but it can not be overcome completely. Our Olympic weightlifting offerings are zinc coated, either bright or black for a more secure feel. Zinc coatings also offer better rust protection than chrome. The zinc coating allows us to give the bars an understated knurling texture that is not found on other brand’s bars.
3. Many of the top end weightlifting bars have 4 needle bearings per sleeve. We have 5 top of the line German needle bearings per sleeve, to ensure that we have some of the smoothest rotating sleeves available.
Add to all that 185,000 PSI tensile strength spring steel for a perfect whip that rivals the best bars in the world, and snap ring construction on the perfectly machined sleeves and you have one of the best bars in the world, made in the U.S.A. for a bargain price.
- Diameter - 28MM - Guaranteed for Life Steel
- Finish - Black Zinc shaft and Bright zinc sleeves
- Knurl - Olympic Knurl & No Center Knurl
- Weight - 20KG
- Bearings - Multiple sets of needle bearings/sleeve
**Warranty against bending does not cover any bar which has been damaged due to negligent or faulty use, alteration, maintenance, storage or handling by the user. Negligent or faulty use includes abusive dropping of the bar (i.e., dropping the bar on a box, bench, spotter arms or pins in a power rack, excessive dropping with insufficient or damaged bumpers, or excessive dropping with iron plates, and similar usage). Any specific issues regarding a Rogue product with which a customer is not satisfied will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Rogue has a replacement rate of less than 0.0002 on bars. We have found that most problems with bars we replace are related to abusive use rather than manufacturing or materials issues.
Nice barReview by Gabe
Great Olympic Weightlifting BarReview by Sal