Please choose the registry you want to add this product to:
Regupol Aktiv Flooring is rated
5.0 out of
Rated 5 out of
Rec Fitness Garage Gym from
Quality Alternative to Horse Stall Mats...I was looking for quality flooring for my garage gym. Haven't seen too many reviews on Regupol Aktiv flooring but know it's used at many commercial sites. I've read a lot about horse stall mats, worked out in gyms that use them, and know it's the norm for thick garage gym flooring. Rolled the dice with Regupol Aktiv and glad I did!
- Hardly any smell. I read and heard about horse stall mats smelling even after months of install. The smell for the Aktiv flooring was gone overnight.
- Quality heavy mats stay in place. No need for any adhesive, once laid these mats don't budge or bunch up.
- Adds a unique look to a garage gym. I think these are more for general use gym flooring and suitable for any type of exercises with the exception of heavy deadlift/olympic lift drops.
- They are a pricier option especially when considering shipping costs (two 50ft x 4ft rolls arrived on two stacked pallets).
- At 3/8" they are thinner than horse stall mats but I knew that going in. For a deadlift platform or areas where you're considering dropping heavy weights from overhead, you should consider horse stall mats/platform, however there could be enough leftover in your order to double stack the Regupol flooring for a platform.
- Not really a con, but the firestorm red color looks more orange than red in person.
Bottom Line: given the lack of reviews on this, I recommend it with confidence as a quality alternative for gym flooring. If you want something different (and better smelling) than horse stall mats, and can afford a bit extra, it is worth it. If you're looking solely for heavy weight flooring for platforms, you'll need to double stack this or go with horse stall mats.
Date published: 2020-06-30
Rated 5 out of
This stuff is greatEasy to maneuver and durable. This exceeded my expectations and there is little to no smell! Only change I would make is to buy the speckled option rather than solid black because solid black shows everything like dirt and sand. Overall fantastic flooring!
Date published: 2020-07-22
Rated 5 out of
My garage looks like a real gym!I was looking at doing an epoxy on my garage floor and build a small area with thick rubber mats for a gym.
Then I fogure I could cover the entire garage with a rubber floor and save the work and cost of epoxy.
I made the right decision!
Now we use the entire garage to train and play with the kids.
I think I spend more time in the garage than in the rest of my home now.
The rubber floor just makes the entire area like a play/sports ground and gives it a very clean look.
I went with jet black.
It does require a lot more cleaning because any dust will show right away.
But the kids know that they cannot walk on it with their outdoor shoes.
I will use a small mat on top when I do floor exercises to keep my back from rubbing since this rubber flooring is still tough on skin (especially when you’re going for 100 crunches).
It was easy to install.
I did it myself in about 3 hours (500 sqf).
The only hard part is cutting straight.
I’ve done a pretty good job for a first timer but I did rush a few areas... use a good sharp knife!
I’m pretty happy with the result!
I’ve been training almost every day since I got it!