Rogue Z Hyper
The Rogue Z Hyper upgrades several features from our standard RH-2 Reverse Hyper machine, including a new bolt-together design (for easier portability), a beefed up 3x3” 11-gauge steel construction, and adjustable front handles (ranging from 2-14" from pad edge) that allow users of any size to custom-tailor their desired hand placement. Comparable machines on the market can cost more than $1,500, but the Z Hyper's efficient design makes it a uniquely affordable choice.
Manufactured in Columbus, Ohio with US steel, the Rogue Z Hyper is approved by Louie Simmons himself as an effective tool for physical therapy, back rehab exercises, and for regular everyday training—particularly for those looking to reduce back tightness and strengthen the hamstrings, glutes, and hips. Like the RH-2, the Z Hyper includes an oversized pad (35" wide x 24" deep x 3" thick) with an extended back lip to keep the user’s hips from resting on any metal/hard surface. A 3x3” step on each side of the unit makes it easier to climb aboard, and rubber feet are included on the base for extra grip/stability and floor protection.
The two plate storage posts on the Z Hyper each have 10.5" loadable length. With the addition of an optional base crossmember (bolts below the handles), users can also attach bands to the storage posts for greater resistance and more variation.
- Made in Columbus, OH, USA with US Steel
- Bolt-together design
- 3x3” 11-gauge steel construction
- Footprint: 51.5" x 43"(1.31M x 1.09M)
- Compatible with all increments of bumpers and steel, including 45LB steel plates
- 10.5" loadable length on each side of the swing arm allows for a capacity of over 700LB of steel plates
- Adjustable Front Handles (ranging from 2-14" from pad edge) to accommodate varying user heights
- Over-sized Pad with extended lip portion for better comfort
- Protective Rubber Feet
- Includes (1) pair of Rogue Metal Axle Collars and (1) Spud Inc. Hyper Strap
- Optional Base Crossmember addition for resistance bands
- Optional Reverse Hyper Roller Attachment also available*
*Rogue’s Reverse Hyper Roller Attachment features a quick release design for easy transitions from the hyper straps to the roller system.
The Science Behind the Reverse Hyperextension Machine:
Rogue’s Reverse Hypers decompress the spine and produce no vertical compression on the spine at all. This simple device allows for dynamic strength development in the concentric phase, while serving as a rehabilitation mechanism in the eccentric phase. The spine is gently stretched and depressurized during the process, creating--in essence--an internal pumping mechanism, filling the spinal column with spinal fluid and the lower back muscles with blood. Anyone who has injured their back knows that the pressure needs to be relieved and circulation restored to the injured area in order to rehabilitate. The reverse hyperextension machine offers one of the best methods for achieving this.