Designed by Donnie Thompson
The Thompson Fat Pad by Rogue is the proper bench pad to maximize power and minimize injury.
Donnie Thompson (checkout his bio below!) invested seven years of research in creating the Fat Pad.
- Promote Scapular movement
- Eliminate Shoulder Hangover
- Optimizes Back and Upper body Positioning
- Increases mechanic leverages
Benefits of the additional thickness and width:
- Scapular movement is uninhibited and eliminates AC tears
- Very little to NO Translational loading
- Common Pec Tweaks are a thing of the past!
- Angry Humeral wear on the bicep tendon and soft tissue GONE!
The Thompson Fat Pad is designed to bolt onto any Rogue Flat Bench. It has a plywood bottom that enables it to be mounted to most other benches as well. Drilling and additional hardware may be required if you are mounting to a non Rogue product.
Donnie Thompson Bio
In 1998, Donnie started competitive powerlifting. He is the first human to ever total 3000LB a mark that still stands today. Donnie has 8-all time World Records in Professional Powerlifting. Includes; 3 Bench Press records, 2 Squat records and 3 Total records. Donnie is currently the Strength and Mobility Director for 22 physical therapy clinics throughout South Carolina. Donnie travels to many Universities and High Schools around the country teaching and sharing his Powerlifting, Kettlebell training and Mobility work methods and experiences to the football teams and coaches.
"I have had zero shoulder injuries in my weight room since I have been using your Fat Pads. Not only do they work great, these big athletes like the comfort of them when they bench. They hate going home and using their old benches!"
- Clemson University Football Head Strength Coach, Joey Batson